Get insured free of charge
It is the reason why we have chosen to be one of the first French airlines to protect and insure its passengers free of charge. Through our Covid-19 Assistance, we guarantee transparent support.
If, during your trip you are positively tested for Covid-19, or if the pandemic was to disrupt your trip, your medical expenses, on site accommodation and repatriation flights are all supported.
Consequent to your departure, your free assistance is automatically activated and covers you for a period of 30 days upon arrival at your destination only (therefore outside your place of residence).
For all your trips planned between October 1st ,2020 and August 31st, 2021, regardless of the date of purchase. (ex: I bought my ticket in July for a trip in November, I am covered by the Covid-19 Assistance guarantee)
How does the COVID assistance work?
If during your trip you are diagnosed with the virus, we cover your medical expenses for an amount capped at € 150,000 per person and your quarantine accommodation costs for a maximum amount of 80€ per night for 14 nights.
Also, if during your trip the borders were to be closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will cover your accommodation costs up to 80€/night, for a maximum of 14 nights. With COVID-19 assistance, you also benefit from the following guarantees:
- Medical repatriation assistance in the context of an epidemic or pandemic of COVID-19 up to the actual costs
- In the event of an impossible return, we cover the repatriation costs up to 1,000€ per person and 50,000€ for a group
How to get the COVID-19 assistance
This assistance is included in your ticket for all flights between October 1st ,2020 and August 31st, 2021, regardless of the booking date of your trip and irrespective of the purchase channel (frenchbee.com, travel agency, call center, airline boutique at the airport etc.…).
If you are tested positive with the coronavirus during your trip or find yourself unable to effectively return home, follow these steps:
Consult the email sent by French bee 2 days prior to your departure: you will find a contract number and the dedicated assistance number
Contact the assistance platform
Follow our partner’s instructions (Assurever)
The key points of your free assistance:
- Coverage offered for each trip between October 1st ,2020 and August 31st, 2021
- A guaranteed protection without extra cost, available regardless of your class of travel
- A dedicated helpline for assistance, available 24/24
- Valid for 30 days upon arrival, starting from the date of your first flight
- Medical repatriation in the context of the epidemic (real costs covered)
- Repatriation in case of an impossible return (ex: closed borders) covered for up to 1,000€ /person and 50,000€ / group
- Covering of medical costs related to Covid-19 up to 150,000€ / person
- Accommodation costs covered (quarantine or impossible return) up to 80€ per night for 14 nights.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ARE THE TERMS OF APPLICATION?
Only expenses related to the COVID 19 pandemic (positive test or return impossible) will be covered. An event that has its origin in a pre-existing illness and / or injury diagnosed and / or treated having been the subject of continuous hospitalization, or day hospitalization, or outpatient hospitalization within 6 months preceding the request for assistance , whether it concerns the manifestation or the aggravation of the said condition, will not be covered (ex1 : I contract COVID 19 at destination : my medical expenses are covered up to € 150,000 , ex2 : I have a pre-existing medical condition that worsens at destination and requires medical expenses : I am not covered)
You may be asked for proof for any assistance request. If assistance is triggered without proof, or based on incorrect and / or insufficient information, you may be asked to reimburse the sums advanced by the assistance.
DO I HAVE TO ADVANCE ACCOMMODATION AND HEALTH COSTS?
No upfront costs are to be expected. The only charge left will be a deductible fee of 30 € / person.
Also, any expenditure incurred without agreement will not get reimbursed or supported in hindsight.
WHERE AND FOR HOW LONG AM I COVERED?
The COVID 19 Assistance guarantee covers you for a period of 30 days, and only at destination. (ex: I am resident in Metropolitan France, traveling to Tahiti: I am covered by COVID 19 assistance. I live on the Reunion Island and I am making my return flight, I am not covered because my destination is my place of permanent residence.)
WHAT GUARANTEES ARE COVERED?
- Medical repatriation in the context of a COVID 19 epidemic or pandemic >> Up to the actual costs
- Impossible Return >> Up to € 1,000 / person and € 50,000 / group
- Hotel costs in the event of an impossible return >> Up to 80 € / night (for a maximum of 14 nights)
- Hotel costs in case of quarantine >> Up to 80 € / night (for a maximum of 14 nights)
- Medical expenses outside the country of residence following an illness contracted in the event of a COVID 19 epidemic or pandemic >> € 150,000 / person
- Deductible fee >> 30 € / person