I/ DENIED BOARDING
In the event of overbooking on a flight, passengers will be asked to volunteer to exchange their confirmed
seats for compensation in the form of a voucher. French bee will also provide appropriate assistance to
these passengers (see paragraph V below).
If there are not enough volunteers to surrender their seat and you are denied boarding against your will, you
will receive assistance and compensation in the form of a voucher as long as you have complied with all
conditions for boarding as described above.
Please note: You will not receive this assistance and compensation if your denied boarding is due to reasons linked to
health, safety, or security, or inadequate travel documents.
When French bee is responsible for placing a passenger in an inferior class to the one that was paid for, the
passenger will be reimbursed:
- 75% of the price of the segment of the journey, excluding taxes, for all flights over 3,500 km
- including flights between European territories of the member states and French overseas
- In the event of a delay of more than 3h for intra-community flights and 4h for other flights past the
- originally scheduled departure time, French bee will also provide appropriate assistance to these
- passengers (see paragraph V below).
- If the flight is delayed by at least 5h and you no longer wish to continue your journey, you may be
- reimbursed for the unfinished portion(s) of your trip and, if applicable, be re-routed, by us, back to
- your point of departure as indicated on the coupon.
- In the event of a delay of at least 3h at your final destination, you may be entitled to compensation
- (see paragraph VI below).
If your flight is cancelled, you are entitled to compensation (see paragraph VI) except:
- If the cancellation is the result of extraordinary circumstances which could not be avoided, and the
- company has taken all reasonable measures to avoid cancellation.
- If you were informed of the cancellation at least 2 weeks before the scheduled departure time.
- If you were informed of the cancellation between 2 weeks and 7 days before the scheduled
- departure and you were offered a re-routed itinerary allowing you to leave up to 2h before the
- scheduled departure time and arrive at your final destination less than 4h after the scheduled arrival
- If you were informed of the cancellation less than 7 days before the scheduled departure and you
- were offered a re-routed itinerary allowing you to leave up to 1h before the scheduled departure time
- and arrive at your final destination less than 2h after the scheduled arrival time.
If your circumstances fall into one of the above categories, you can choose between:
- Continuing your journey to its final destination as soon as possible, in similar transport conditions, as
- indicated by the carrier, or at a later date at your convenience subject to availability, or
- Obtaining reimbursement for the unfinished portion(s) of your trip if you choose not to continue with
- your journey and returning to your point of departure as indicated on your ticket.
In addition, you will receive, free of charge:
- Refreshments (delay > 3h for intra-community flights and > 4h for other flights).
- Accommodation (including connecting transportation) if a waiting period is required.
- Reimbursement, on request, of telephone costs incurred (limited to €5).
- For flights between 1500 km and 3500 km as well as intra-community flights: €400
- For non-EU flights over 3,500km with a delay of more than 4h: €600*
*The amount of your compensation may be reduced by 50% for flights of 3,500 km or more if your original or re-routed
flight landed between 3 and 4 hours after the scheduled arrival time. These compensation measures are based on
European Regulation 261/2004. If your flight departs from a non-EU airport (but your destination is within the European
Union), local regulations and other compensation measures may apply. For more information, please contact customer
Please note: The company cannot be held responsible in the event of political instability, adverse weather conditions
incompatible with the safe operation of the flight in question, security risks, unforeseen malfunctions which could impact
the safety of the flight, nor in the event of strikes affecting the operations of an active air carrier. For more information,
please contact customer service. Refund and compensation requests must be addressed to the carrier which operated the flight or should have operated
the flight. If you wish to contact French bee regarding a reimbursement request, a compensation claim, or for any other
request please contact French bee customer service. https://us.frenchbee.com/en/claims